This week, we looked at the final American Idol that seeks to challenge our allegiance to Jesus- the god of the physical. Use these questions as a way to help you root out his influences over your life.
Read Ecclesiastes 12: 1-7
- As you real this poetic description of growing old and dying, how do you relate to it? Does it, in any way, describe your experience of aging?
- What measure of hope does the Teacher have as he utters these words?
- Do you fear death or growing old?
- What hope do we have as followers of Jesus in the face of death?
- Is it vain to care about physical beauty?
- What do you like about your stage of life? What bothers you?
- How is it possible to embrace each stage of life, regardless of our aches and pains?
- How does the promise of Christ’s coming Kingdom, of a new heaven and earth, put our present hurts and difficulties into perspective?
- Perinda closed here testimony with a verse from Romans that she said had become her life verse over the last few months, ‘Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer’ (12.12). How different would your life look if you chose, by God’s grace, to live out thee commands, despite your physical flaws and difficulties? How would it change your attitude? Your relationships with those around you?